Quintessence Theatre Group now accepting applications:
Title: Managing Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Status: Full Time Permanent/Exempt Position to start immediately. Must have experience in administration. Knowledge of QuickBooks Online highly desirable; fund-raising and grant writing experience highly desirable as is experience working with a Board. Experience with PatronManager also desirable.
Salary range: $50,000 to $60,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Quintessence Theatre Group (QTG) seeks a Managing Director to oversee, implement and guarantee sustainability of QTG’s operations, programs, finances, and community support. The Managing Director works with the Board of Directors to ensure the programmatic and operational integrity, viability and excellence of the theater company. She or he will work in partnership – and as a peer – with the Artistic Director in the company’s organizational structure. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director plays a critical role in the exciting expansion and growth of an award-winning professional classic theater company located in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Northwest Philadelphia.
· Direct QTG’s administration, finances, company management, audience services, marketing and communications.
· Manage and lead the activities of all staff, excluding the Artistic Director who reports directly to the Board of Directors.
· Oversee all development efforts, including assisting staff grant writer.
· Nurture and develop relationships with donors, corporations, foundations, and community and government agencies. Oversee community relations, including all outreach programs.
· Work closely with Artistic Director to sustain artistic excellence and enhance audience experience. Develop, oversee and maintain budgets with Artistic Director.
· Negotiate contracts with staff, actors and designers.
· Provide staff support to Board of Directors so that Board meetings are productive and committees operate efficiently. Work closely with the Chair of the Board of Directors.
· Manage all QTG finances.
· Minimum of 3 years in theater management/administration (preferably theater), development and/or marketing in arts or a related organization
· Ability to think and plan strategically and plan for/achieve theater growth objectives for both audiences and revenue
· Proven track record in in fundraising and management
· Understanding of budgeting, budget tracking, budget presentation and accounting (knowledge of QuickBooks online).
· Desirable: Experience with PatronManager and knowledge of greater Philadelphia philanthropic community
Quintessence Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment of the provision of services or any other category protected by law.
Please email your resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Resumes@quintessencetheatre.org with “Managing Director” in the subject line. Candidates invited to interview will be asked to provide 3 references. No phone calls please. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found. Desired start date is August 1.
About the Quintessence Theatre Group:
Founded in 2009, Quintessence Theatre Group is the only professional theater company in culturally and economically diverse Northwest Philadelphia. It is a member of Actors’ Equity Association.
We fulfill our mission by re-envisioning the classics for present-day audiences while remaining true to the epic scope and poetic text. This approach attracts both nationally recognized and local actors who find challenge and inspiration in Quintessence’s thought-provoking and innovative productions.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Quintessence Theatre Group is an EOE/AA employer and values diversity in the workplace. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.